Summary Description: A Project Manager is responsible for planning, overseeing, and leading projects from ideation through to completion. This is a senior role at an organization and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously.
The NetEffect services team is a growing organization, with opportunities for growth and leadership.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a role that focuses on completing a project as efficiently and promptly as possible, expect to see any of the following duties and responsibilities in a Project Manager job description:
- Assist users and stakeholders in the preparation of the Project Initiation Requests and Business Cases to support project request; facilitate the development of the Work Breakdown Structure for each project.
- This includes meeting with the stakeholders and customers to define the activities required to obtain customer satisfaction and to complete the project.
- Conduct Project Team meetings for each project. Ensure the customers’ requirements and concerns are addressed and remedied according to the project Life Cycle process; this position will also prepare meeting minutes and ensure action items are assigned to team members as indicated in the project meetings for timely resolution.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the development of Project Plans, Quality Assurance, Risk Assessments, and Project Scope definition is required.
- Leveraging a solid understanding of the project management life cycle and related principles, methodologies and best practices and improves such processes and execution.
- Participate in ongoing process improvement around practice, delivery teams and methodology initiatives.
- Proactively support the team by guiding the team to identify blockers, assisting the team by removing blockers. Partner with Senior Project Manager and Scrum Master to achieve the objectives. When necessary, escalates conflict to the Leadership Team for support.
- Responsible for the execution of day-to-day project and task-oriented work efforts and meeting project expectations for established time, cost, and specification definitions.
- Responsible for assembling and implementing project plans including release plans.
- Responsible for providing regular, standardized reporting for team performance velocity, stories completed and project status
- Builds and maintains solid, professional working relationships with peers within the Technology team & with business lines.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices, and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing, and implementing software solutions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in information systems/computer science, Business Administration or related field
- PMP, Scrum Master, or equivalent certification and/or experience.
- 5+ years of progressive hands-on project management experience having successfully led and delivered numerous complex IT projects at an enterprise level.
- Exposure to Digital transformation programs / Web CMS is highly desirable
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills